Network World has an interesting article by Thomas Hoffman that I thought would be good to share. It’s called 10 career killers to avoid.
To quickly summarise, here is the quick list:
- Failing to have a life plan.
- Not keeping your skills current.
- Failing to deliver results.
- Confusing efficiency with effectiveness.
- Believing that you are irreplaceable.
- Knowing all the answers.
- Surrounding yourself with “brown-nosers.”
- Forgetting to give credit to others.
- Failing to self-promote.
- Losing perspective.
I know I am guilty of numbers 2, 9 and 10, so I guess that I have some work to do.
Check out the list at the link above and get a clue.