I’ve found myself recently indulging in binge watching several Adult Swim videos on YouTube.
For those who don’t know, Adult Swim airs on Cartoon Network at night when the kiddies are asleep. It, therefore, caters to the adult population with adult themes.
I’m generally not up late at night, but I tend to spend lots of time on YouTube… for educational purposes.
I came across this video, which is an infomercial parody about a “Smart Pipe”. It’s an internet connected pipe that replaces the pipe from your toilet and is able to analyse your faecal matter to give you information.
From the video description:
Everything in our lives is connected to the internet, so why not our toilets? Take a tour of Smart Pipe, the hot new tech startup that turns your waste into valuable information and fun social connectivity.
Considering that this video is two years old already, it is a priceless commentary of our present day lives, including:
- Because technology is so cheap now, even the shittiest of ideas are being built, à la, the Internet of Things.
- Just because we can connect everything on the Internet, doesn’t mean that we should, à la, the Internet of Things again.
- People generally don’t care that their information is being sold if they get some sort of benefit.
- People are willing to share way too much information on the Internet and Social Media.
- People are being made famous on Social Media for the weirdest of things.
- Internet-connected things are blurring the lines of security and privacy – #itsmyanus.
Check it out and let me know what you think.